With three cereal mills and an oil press, the Daniello Mill started operating in 1802 and continued until 1960. In 1990, the mill and the adjacent land were donated to the Municipality of Coldrerio for the purpose of creating a public park. Since then, a series of interventions has allowed to functionally restore one of the cereal mills and the oil press. Today they are used for educational purposes.
The masseria la Tana is a typical Lombard-style farm settlement around a courtyard and dates back to the 1700s, featuring various elements from the peasant and artisanal tradition of the past: the mill, the sawmill, the oven and the residential rooms.
Since 2014 the Maroggia Mill is the only industrial mill left in Ticino. It is currently under reconstruction after the fire that destroyed it in 2020. It is scheduled to re-open in 2023.