Antico Grotto Ticino
The Antico Grotto Ticino, managed by Peter and Odette Raith, is located in the picturesque street of the Cantine del Borgo of Mendrisio. The tavern, built more than a century ago but recently modernized, has available well allocated places, both inside and outside. The cellar of wines was hollowed in a calcareous rock which assures excellent conditions for the keeping of the large number of bottles of wine. The kitchen of the Antico Grotto Ticino proposes dishes based on the old and flavoured recipes of Ticino and Lombardia, not forgetting specialties and products linked to the surrounding area, as the classical little cheeses of the Valle di Muggio, the Zincalin cheese, typical charcuterie, Merlot braised meat, luganighetta with onions, game and the unfailing grill.
- TYPE OF VENUE Grotto , Restaurant
- TYPE OF CUISINE International , Ticinese
- ASSOCIATIONS AND CATEGORIES GastroTicino
- LOCATION Central , In the plain , Quiet , Close to the bus stop
- VENUES Suitable for families , Balcony