Brusino-Serpiano cable car
Would you like to take a walk on the Monte San Giorgio? You can just take the boat from Lugano, or move from Capolago by bus to Brusino Arsizio. You can reach Serpiano by cableway in a few minutes. From Serpiano you can discover by foot the UNESCO World Natural Heritage and enjoy the beautiful view of the lake of Lugano.
Funivia - Tecnical information:
* Built in 1958
* Renovated in 1997 with new cabins
* Distance betwenn the two stations 934m
* Altitude Station Serpiano 650m
* 1 18m high pier, 277m after Brusino
* Altitude station Brusino 285 m.
* Difference in heigth 367m
* Max slope 88%, middel slope 43%
* Maximal speed 6m/s, middel speed 4m/s, minimal speed 2m/s
* Duration of the trip ca. 4 min.
* Capacity per cabin max. 10 Passengers or 800 kg
* Motor performance 43/57 kw
* Emergency motor performance 11 kw
Cableway open from Wednesday to Sunday during the summer season.
Price one way: adults CHF 8, children (4-14 years) CHF 4.
Partner Ticino Ticket
Thanks to Ticino Ticket you can visit this attraction at a discounted price. Ask the ticket at your hotel, campsite or hostel and find out all the offers you can receive.
- OPENING 19.04 - 31.10
- TRANSPORTS Funiculars - Cable cars