Two rooms are dedicated to the historical and photographic documentation of the transparencies during the days of the processions. The archive materials are accompanied by a number of instruments and a series of lamps: carried by hand during the processions, they make up more than half of a corpus of about 600 objects.
On the first floor there are different types: from the largest - the so-called door - of which the central scene with two lateral prophets is exhibited, to reconstruct, in part, the original triptych, to the smallest - the little temple - passing then, in order of size, from the pilasters to the sails to the balconies.
The dominant figure in the small rooms is the painter Giovan Battista Bagutti, who, with his workshop, created the first original series of 58 illuminated paintings: a collection of great artistic and historical value. Some nineteenth-century examples of popular character and a twentieth-century one of another important interpreter of tradition, Mario Gilardi (1904-1970), give a way to understand the continuity over the centuries of this particular painting technique.
Thanks to a multimedia video, visitors will be able to visually reconstruct the pieces on display in their original urban location.
A large part of the second floor is dedicated to the problems of execution, conservation and restoration. Videos, testimonies, laboratory photographs, working tools, together with some preparatory sketches or examples of deterioration and incorrect execution, allow us to understand the technical complexity that lies at the origin of the artefact.