Carichiamo la Graa!
A beautiful tradition that has been alive for more than twenty years.
Also in this year the traditional chestnut harvesting and the loading of the graa wants to be proposed with determination, because it is a convivial and important moment for the village of Cabbio, the Muggio Valley and Ticino. This, in fact, is a tradition that integrates well with our contemporary habits and that perhaps completes them, giving us perfumes and flavours of other times, which we do not want to renounce.
It is therefore with great pleasure that we invite all those interested to collect the chestnuts and then deliver them to the Graa di Cabbio, situated at the southern edge of the village centre (see attached map), in the following days:
- Friday 16th October, from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday 17th October, from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Monday 19 October, from 2 to 4 pm
Immediately after delivery, the graa will be loaded. Drying will last 2-3 weeks. After that the chestnuts can be collected by contacting the Museum (091 690 20 38 - email@example.com).
Here are some useful details about the collection:
- bring chestnuts, beautiful, clean, dry, shiny, without trace of mould, preferably in jute bags or other resistant bags, avoiding plastic bags (the organisers reserve the right to refuse supplies that do not respect these minimum quality criteria).
- chestnuts, drying, lose weight for a ratio of about 4:1, therefore we suggest to deliver at least three buckets.
- do not freeze the harvested chestnuts and do not make a novena (immersion in water): just store the chestnuts in open boxes, in a dry, ventilated place and turn them from time to time so that they do not mold.
For further information and to visit the graa in operation, please contact the Museum (see number at the bottom): firstname.lastname@example.org
- CATEGORIES Get-togethers