BancaStato Walking Mendrisiotto
A day in motion! An edition which will propose 4 completely renewed routes and a new villages located at the Centro Sportivo Adorna in Mendrisio.
The sixth edition of BancaStato Walking Mendrisiotto is scheduled for Sunday, 12 June 2022. A completely renewed event with a new village (located at the Centro Sportivo Adorna in Mendrisio) and four new trails of different distances and difficulties.
The 2022 routes
The main novelty of the 2022 edition concerns the trails, which have been revised and renewed, crossing new locations, never before touched by the event. They are in detail:
- Family (5.3 km): flat, accessible to all (even with prams and pushchairs), which passes through three districts of Mendrisio. The route passes through Ligornetto and along the Laveggio river
- Chiasso (8.7 km): it starts from Chiasso and arrives in Mendrisio along the Motta Valley Park
- Besazio (11 km): medium difficulty, it crosses four districts of Mendrisio and reaches Besazio along old mule tracks and paths often bordered by vineyards
- Meride (16.7 km): a route with a difference in altitude of about 500 m, it passes through seven districts of Mendrisio and goes close to Monte San Giorgio (UNESCO World Natural Heritage Site)
The 2022 edition will also propose the "Walk&Dog" category, designed for 4-legged friends and their owners. The course (5.3 km) is flat and includes shaded areas, as well as refreshments along the route for dog and owner and a veterinary emergency service (for a fee). Registration for this category is only possible online.
Registration is possible via www.walkingmendrisio.ch, reduced rates for groups and families who register by 16 May.
- OPENING Sun: 08:00 - 16:00
- CATEGORIES Sports events , Get-togethers